Buying a generador diesel as your home backup power source or for commercial usage is not a small deal, so always be wise enough to select a good quality and suitable diesel generator set for your owns. Here are some tips on how can you buy a good quality diesel generator set:
1. Cost performance: the price shouldn’t be the only factor to be considered, if regularly used, it is recommended to buy diesel generator set with low diesel fuel consumption, such as Cummins diesel generator set;
2. The alternator: the alternator brand is also very important, many customers only pay attention to the engine brand, while ignoring the alternator brand. We recommend original Stamford alternator from Cummins Generator Technology ( China ) as your first purchasing consideration;
3. OEM manufacturer: Most diesel engine manufacturer don’t manufacturer diesel generator set directly, these diesel engines are being sold or distributed to OEM manufacturer, then OEM manufacturer with coupling these diesel engines with alternators, generator base ( skid ), radiator ( usually come with original engine ), control panel etc.It is important to know the OEM manufacturer name and its reputation before you decide to buy a diesel generator set;
4. Used or brand new inspection: during the selection of diesel generator set, you can not just look at the appearance, while ignoring the other details, many dealers in order to pursue the greatest profit, use the refurbished generator sets as brand new ones to deceive consumers.The the best way to identify a diesel generator set brand new or not is to call the engine manufacturer’s free service calls;
5. User’s actual requirements: user should choose according to their own needs, diesel generator set most suitable for user’s own economic benefits is the best diesel generator set;
6. After-sale service: good reputation dealer usually offer perfect after-sales service in a timely manner, so that user often in peace of mind. If you can not get a normal after-sales service, then the purchased diesel generator set will lose its real value;
7. Pay attention to KVA and KW: kVA is a measure of apparent power: it tells you the total amount of power in use in a system. In a 100% efficient system kW = kVA. However electrical systems are never 100% efficient and therefore not all of the systems apparent power is being used for useful work output.kW is the amount of power that is converted into a useful output. kW is therefore known as actual power or working power.So we can get a conclusion: KVA is the real power, KW is the effective power,for we user, we should pay attention to kw rather then kva. And also the relationship between them is 1KVA = 0.8KW. Pay attention to those bad dealer which mix kva with kw and always pay in a wise way.